Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for PLAViMoP software
PLAViMoP is a software designed for Point Light Display (PLD) visualization and transformations.
This software is protected by the Agency for Software Protection* under the number IDDN.FR.001.200011.000.S.P.2017.000.31235
- A non-exclusive, non-transferable license is hereby granted to the BENEFICIARY to install and use the SOFTWARE on an appropriate computer system or a system located on the BENEFICIARY’s premises and for which the BENEFICIARY has authorized access. Université de Poitiers and its co-owners shall retain ownership of the SOFTWARE delivered to the BENEFICIARY.
- The SOFTWARE is protected by the Code de la propriété intellectuelle in France and by international agreements concerning copyrights elsewhere. The present agreement is governed by the laws and regulations of the Republic of France and the French courts shall have sole jurisdiction.
- The BENEFICIARY hereby acknowledges that its rights to use the SOFTWARE and the MANUAL are limited to those concerning intellectual property granted hereunder :
a) The right to copy the SOFTWARE on computers located on BENEFICIARY’s premises for downloading, display, execution and storage of the SOFTWARE only,
b) The right to make the SOFTWARE’s errors exclusively by the INTERLOCUTOR subject to providing the INTERLOCUTOR with said errors, in a timely manner at the e-mail address mentioned in in the present paragraph email@example.com. The above mentioned rights are granted for internal use for academic purposes. No commercial use is possible without the prior written agreement of the University of Poitiers and the CNRS.
- The BENEFICIARY hereby acknowledges that the present agreement only grants rights to use the SOFTWARE. Consequently, the BENEFICIARY shall acquire rights for any utilization and/or exploitation of any software implemented in any program or group of programs that includes the SOFTWARE. The BENEFICIARY agrees not to decompile the SOFTWARE.
- The BENEFICIARY shall not disclose the SOFTWARE as delivered or any modifications or derivative works based on the SOFTWARE in any form whatsoever to third parties without prior written approval from the Université de Poitiers.
- Should the BENEFICIARY receive a request to provide all or any portion of the SOFTWARE to any third party, it will not do so, it will forward send a request to the Université de Poitiers in writing.
- The BENEFICIARY acknowledges that it has received no guarantee of any kind for the SOFTWARE. In particular, no guarantee is provided to the BENEFICIARY concerning the use or adaptation of the SOFTWARE for any particular purpose and it agrees not to call on the CNRS, the Université de Poitiers and/or the INTERLOCUTOR in warranty in case of damages or prejudice of any kind caused by the SOFTWARE.
- The BENEFICIARY hereby agrees that it shall exploit the SOFTWARE at its own risk and peril.
- The BENEFICIARY shall inform the Université de Poitiers of any infringement of the SOFTWARE that it may learn of.
- The BENEFICIARY agrees that any public report or publications of results obtained with the SOFTWARE will acknowledge the use of the SOFTWARE by an appropriate mention.
(*) Agence pour la Protection des Programmes
249, rue de Crimée - 75019 Paris - France